PINK...we are having a girl!! We found out Friday morning. We are so excited. Now the name game and shopping begin. Zeke started a new rotation Friday morning, medicine wards, and couldn't go with me so he had to find out via phone call. His first day on the new rotation he worked a 30 hour shift, had chips from the vending machine for supper, and only got 2 hours of sleep. We didn't actually get to celebrate our little girl until Sunday at lunch.
The last few weeks have been crazy! Here's a summary...
Zeke and I both got the swine flu. (I don't remember ever feeling that bad with an illness, and we still have a lingering cough.) As soon as we were well enough we went to New York for vacation. While there, we made our first baby purchase, an I heart NY onesie (gender neutral because at the time we didn't know gender yet). NY was great, we ate lots of incredible food and saw 6 shows in 4 days, but we had to take naps every day. We left NY on Sunday. Zeke went to Atlanta and I went to Little Rock for my white coat ceremony at UAMS. I flew back to LR on Wednesday. Thursday, the Shotts and their foreign exchange student, JP, came to Atlanta to visit. We (mainly the Shotts and I because poor Zeke had to work) had a great time. We ate lots of yummy food, and Vern Ann took me maternity shopping for my birthday! Saturday afternoon, the Shotts left and Zeke came home from his 30 hours shift and slept for a few hours. Sunday Zeke and I went to church for the first time in a few weeks. It was so great to get to attend church again. After church we went out to eat to finally celebrate our little girl! We ate at a brunch buffet that had pizza on it. Zeke got a piece of pizza with avacado, chicken, tomatoes, etc. and said it was great I should get a piece. When he was almost done with the slice, he spit something out of his mouth and said, "I think that's shrimp." For those of you who don't know, according to allergy testing, Zeke is deathly allergic to crusteceans (shrimp, crawfish, lobster, etc.) I ask the chef, and yes pizza had shrimp on it. I freak out. I had removed the two epi pens I usually keep in my purse when I traveled to Little Rock. I was thiking, "AHHHHH! I'm going to lose my husband and be a single mom!" I start asking Zeke a million questions about how he felt, what should we do, where was the cloest hospital, etc. Zeke is super calm and says he's fine, keep eating. I keep eating, but I constantly ask how he's feeling. He never exhibited a single symptom, not even a hive which is a miracle because he has previously broken out in hives just from eating food cooked on the same surface as shrimp.
This week I am working on my dissertation (as always), catching up on housework, looking at adorable diaper bags (pink of course), and trying to figure out what babies need so I can register. Zeke is working, another 30 hour overnight call shift this week. We are having community group at our place this week for the first time. We are meeting in the club room of our condo building because our actual condo is so small. I'm looking forward to it...we really like our new community group!
Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog! I'm addicted to it now.... :) At least this way I can keep up with you guys since you live so far away now
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog from Laura Wooldridge's blog. Congrats on the baby girl!! Hope you guys are doing good in Atlanta.
ReplyDelete