Week 4 - Moved to Atlanta and found out we were expecting!! We told our families that weekend and of course they were just as excited as we were!
Week 9 - First prenatal appointment at UAMS and first ultrasound...baby's first picture taken :)
Week 10 - First prenatal appointment at Emory. Saw the heartbeat and baby moving around - I cried.
Week 11 - Zeke got to go to my ultrasound appointment with me at Emory. We heard the heartbeat for the first time and got to see the baby moving around!
Week 12 - Got to hear heartbeat again
Week 14 - Emory - My blood pressure was low for the first time in 4 years, and the doctor discontinued both of my blood pressure medications. UAMS - had my last prenatal appointment at UAMS and got to hear the heartbeat again. All prenatal care will now take place at Emory. This was the first week I noticed my pants getting a little tighter around the tummy.
Week 15 - My baby bump is noticeable (though small). I had to wear a belly band with my jeans for the first time. I like that I'm getting a tummy!
Week 16 - Heartbeat good at prenatal appointment. Started a tiny dose of Thyroid medication to keep my thyroid functioning within normal limits throughout the pregnancy. Will find out gender at next visit (Oct. 2)!!
Back to present day...
Zeke and I spent the holiday weekend in Charleston, SC. Sunday night we were laying in bed watching TV when I felt a new sensation in my lower abdomen. I grabbed Zeke's hand, placed it on my lower abdomen, and asked Zeke if my uterus was there. He calmly said, "Yes, why?" I told him I thought I just felt the baby move for the first time. I did!! It was little flutters like the books say. I poked the baby a little so he/she would move around more and he/she did! I felt it for several minutes, then Zeke told me to quit poking the baby and let him/her get back to sleep. I hope I feel the baby moving again tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment